If this looks something like a pizza, it is no wonder because it takes many of the familiar Neapolitan ingredients in a pizza and turns them into a healthier, satisfying main course! I created this dish with love for my family, to bring familiar flavors into a Fit Foodie- style meal ;-)
* 1 lb of chicken, pork or veal cutlets (always look for organic and/or naturally raised animal protein)
* 6 garlic cloves smashed
* 1/2 onion slicked
* Sunflower oil for cooking
* EVOO for drizzling after cooking
* 2 cans of canellini beans (organic bpa-free lining)
* 10-12 whole pealed tomatoes
* 5 tablespoons tomato purée
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves
Coat the bottom of a wide saucepan with sunflower oil and heat on medium. Add cutlets, onions and garlic to the hot oil and space them out well. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Flip over after 3-5 minutes and salt and pepper once more. Continue cooking for 3 minutes then add the cannellini beans, tomatoes (plus purée), and oregano. Cook for another 20 minutes covered on simmer, stirring occasionally and breaking up the whole tomatoes with a fork. In the last minute of cooking add the fresh basil leaves and cover. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. ENJOY!
*Dont forget to subscribe to Fit Foodie posts to get all new recipes and articles!